My family always makes Black Forest Trifle for Christmas, and this year I was given the recipe by my mother. I have decided to share it with you. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
The original recipe (given to my mother by Hazel Myburgh):
Here is the recipe in text, easy to copy and paste or print out:
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 x 250g smooth cream cheese ( 1 cup )
- 1 chocolate swiss roll
- 1 tin black cherries (stoned and halved)
- Flaked almonds
- 1 chocolate Flake
- Mix condensed milk, cream cheese and lemon juice together.
- Slice swiss roll thinly and place layer at bottom of dish
- Pour a little cherry juice over.
- Dot with cherries
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds
- Spoon a layer of cream cheese mixture over.
- Sprinkle with choc. flake
- Repeat layers.
- Decorate with cream (stiffly beaten) and chocolate flake