Thursday, January 10, 2013

Recipe: Black Forest Trifle

My family always makes Black Forest Trifle for Christmas, and this year I was given the recipe by my mother.  I have decided to share it with you.  I hope you enjoy this recipe.

The original recipe (given to my mother by Hazel Myburgh):

BlackForestTrifle

Here is the recipe in text, easy to copy and paste or print out:

Ingredients:

  • 1 tin condensed milk
  • 1 x 250g smooth cream cheese ( 1 cup )
  • 1 chocolate swiss roll
  • 1 tin black cherries (stoned and halved)
  • Flaked almonds
  • 1 chocolate Flake
  • Cream

Method:

  • Mix condensed milk, cream cheese and lemon juice together.
  • Slice swiss roll thinly and place layer at bottom of dish
  • Pour a little cherry juice over.
  • Dot with cherries
  • Sprinkle with flaked almonds
  • Spoon a layer of cream cheese mixture over.
  • Sprinkle with choc. flake
  • Repeat layers.
  • Decorate with cream (stiffly beaten) and chocolate flake

No comments:

Post a Comment